MayaOnprem is the on-premise version of MayaOnline. Enterprise users that are bound by network restriction policies may not be able to connect their Kubernetes clusters to the SaaS platform MayaOnline for OpenEBS volumes visibility and data management. Such users can download MayaOnprem and deploy it at their own data centers inside their network.
MayaOnprem is having the same feature set as that of MayaOnline. It is available as a trial version for evaluation. Users need to signup at MayaOnline and request access to the trial version.
- Kubernetes 1.12.0 or above.
- iSCSI client should be configured and iscsid service must be running on the host nodes.
- OpenEBS 0.9.0 or above should be installed on minimum 3 Nodes for High Availability of OpenEBS volumes.
- OpenEBS cStor pool should be created with disks and create a StorageClass named with
cstor-storage-classand mention StoragePoolClaim name of the cStor pool in this StorageClass.
- Create a GitHub OAuth application and have the client id, secret and application id ready. Registering a GitHub OAuth application can be done using the information provided here. On this link, for step 6 and step 8, provide URL as one of the Node External IP with port,
http://<Node External IP>:30380. For Example
http://184.108.40.206:30380. Note down GitHub OAuth application id, Client ID and Client Secret of the created application for adding in
- helm should be installed and tiller must be deployed with RBAC.
How to download MayaOnprem?
Sign-In to Mayaonline using Gmail or GitHub credential. It is also required to verify your email address for sending Docker registry credentials.
After signing in to MayaOnline, click on the "MayaOnprem" link from the sidebar and then request access to MayaOnprem by clicking on Request Eval version button.
It will open a pop-up window and provide Docker registry credentials to generate token. These credential details will be send to the registered email also. Note down
passwordand it will be used for creating secret in the following step.
Clone mayaonprem-charts repo for installing mayaonprem using helm.
git clone https://github.com/mayadata-io/mayaonprem-charts.git
Go to the following directory.
Create secret with provided credentials using the following command:
kubectl create secret docker-registry <secretname> --docker-server=registry.mayadata.io --docker-username=<username> --docker-password=<password>
secretnameis the name of the secret,
passwordare the credentials generated when you have requested for evaluation version.
kubectl create secret docker-registry mayadatasecret --docker-server=registry.mayadata.io --email@example.com --docker-password=qD6EtVNxeol
Ensure that you are inside
mayaonprem-charts/1.0.0directory. Add details to the following parameters in
dockersecret: Provide the secret name created in the above step.
URL: Provide Node External IP with port, which is provided during the GitHub OAuth application creation time. For example:
API_AUTH_ENABLER: Provide your GitHub OAuth application id in this format
github_user:<GitHub_OAuth_application_id>. Application id can be get it from the URL of the corresponding GitHub OAuth. For example:
https://github.com/settings/applications/1888672. In this case, application id is 1888672. So this parameter should be like this way,
- API_AUTH_GITHUB_CLIENT_ID: Provide the client id which can be get from the GitHub OAuth application page. For example:
- API_AUTH_GITHUB_CLIENT_SECRET: Provide the client secret which can be get from the GitHub OAuth application page. For example:
- namespace : Namespace where MOD pods will be running. By default, the namespace will be
Install MayaOnprem using following command. Ensure that you are inside
helm install --name <release_name> -f values.yaml .
helm install --name mayaonprem -f values.yaml .
Verify MOD pods are running using the following command. MOD pods will be running on namespace provided in
kubectl get pod -n <namespace>
Start using MayaOnprem from a browser using the given URL. You can use any of the Node External IP and it will redirect to the URL provided during the GitHub OAuth Application creation time.
As the features of MayaOnline and MayaOnprem are the same, use the same documentation to manage MayaOnprem also. You can use getting started page for creating profile and connecting your OpenEBS cluster with your MayaOnprem portal.
How to contact support?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
A default trial license is inbuilt into the product. The current version of MayaOnprem runs on trial license indefinitely. When you purchase OpenEBS Enterprise, you will be given a fully loaded enterprise license for both OpenEBS and MayaOnprem.